The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) is collaborating with the School of Information of Renmin University of China (RUC) to offer top students from RUC the opportunity to obtain admission to SMU’s Master of IT in Business (MITB) programme via the RUC-SMU MITB Direct Admission Programme.
RUC graduates who are keen on pursuing the MITB programme will study 15 Course Units (CUs) in one year under one of the three MITB tracks (Artificial Intelligence, Analytics or Financial Technology & Analytics). Completion of these 15 CUs at SMU with a combined minimum GPA of 2.5 will result in the student being awarded the SMU MITB degree.
For RUC Graduates:
In recognition of the high standards of excellence and rigorous requirements in obtaining a RUC bachelor’s degree, SMU has decided to waive certain admission requirements in order to provide RUC graduates with a swifter and more seamless entry into the SMU MITB programme:
- GMAT requirement will be waived. RUC graduates will be required to take the SMU Admissions Test.
- TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants who have not received a Degree from a programme taught in English.
- The requirement for two years of working experience will be waived.
- Undergo a selection interview.
To graduate, students will need to fulfil all required CUs as stipulated by SMU's MITB programme and maintain a minimum CGPA of 2.5 every term to be awarded the SMU MITB degree.
- SGD48,150 (inclusive of GST) for completing 15 CUs at SMU
- One-time application fee to SMU: SGD100 (inclusive of GST)
- One-time registration fee to SMU: SGD500 (inclusive of GST)
- SMU Admissions Test fee: SGD125 (inclusive of GST)
- For the first enrolment of students, SMU will offer partial MITB tuition fee scholarship worth SGD4,000 to every successful candidate.
Enquiries & Application
For enquiries and application:
Contact details at SMU:
Dr. YEO Lip Pin
Associate Director, SCIS Postgraduate Professional Programmes
Contact details at RUC:
Address for Enquiries and Application：#229, Xinxi Building，School of Information, Renmin University of China, No. 59 Zhongguancun Street, Haidian District Beijing, 100872, P.R. China
Last updated on 26 Apr 2021 .