The School of Computing and Information Systems at Singapore Management University (SMU) and College of Technology Management (CTM) at National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) have entered into an agreement for high-caliber NTHU-CTM undergraduates to enroll in the SMU Master of IT Business (MITB) programme after completing their first 3 years of undergraduate studies at NTHU-CTM, under the 3+1.5 years Fast-Track MITB programme.
NTHU-CTM undergraduate students who have completed the 3rd year of their undergraduate degree programme at NTHU-CTM may apply for conditional admission to the MITB Programme. During their 4th year of study, NTHU-CTM student joins the MITB programme in Singapore as a Fast-Track student. While in Singapore, the student completes the 15 Course Units (CUs) (maintaining a minimum of cGPA score of 2.5) course requirements of MITB and transfer MITB credits back to NTHU-CTM for his/her undergraduate degreee. The suggested time frame for the completion of MITB requirements is 1.5 years, with a maximum candidature period of up to 3 years. Upon successful completion of the 3+1.5 years fast track MITB Programme, students will be conferred the Bachelor degree from NTHU and MITB Degree from SMU.
In recognition of the high standards of excellence and rigorous requirements in obtaining a NTHU-CTM bachelor’s degree, SMU has decided to waive certain admission requirements in order to provide NTHU-CTM undergraduates with a swifter and more seamless entry into the SMU MITB programme:
- a transcript of currently enrolled NTHU-CTM undergraduate degree CGPA at point of application must be at least 3.0/4.0
- GMAT or GRE is required
- TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants who have not received a Degree from a programme taught in English.
- Undergo a selection interview.
- Requirement for 2 years of working experience will be waived
To graduate, students will need to fulfill all required CUs as stipulated by SMU's MITB programme while maintaining a minimum CGPA of 2.5 every term to be awarded the SMU MITB degree and NTHU-CTM’s Bachelor's degree. Conferment of the SMU’s MITB degree is conditional on the successful conferment of the NTHU-CTM’s Bachelor's degree.
Tuition Fee for MITB Degree
- SGD48,150 (inclusive of GST) for completing 15 CUs at SMU ( AY2019)
- One-time application fee to SMU: SGD100 (inclusive of GST)
- One-time registration fee to SMU: SGD500 (inclusive of GST)
- For the first enrolment of students, SMU will offer partial MITB tuition fee scholarship worth SGD4,000 to every successful candidate.
Enquiries & Application
Contact details at SMU:
Dr. YEO Lip Pin
Associate Director, SCIS Postgraduate Professional Programmes
For enquiries and application, contact NTHU:
Department：College of Technology Management
Contact Person: Ms. Sharon Hsunhui LIN
Address：R531, TSMC Bldg. National Tsing Hua University, No. 101, Section 2, Kuang-fu Road, 30013 Hsinchu, TAIWAN
Last updated on 26 Apr 2021 .