The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) is collaborating with the College of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of National Tsing Hua University (NTHU-EECS) to offer Bachelor degree graduates from NTHU-EECS, the opportunity to obtain admission to SMU’s Master of IT in Business (MITB) programme via the NTHU-EECS-SMU-MITB Direct Admission Programme.
NTHU-EECS graduates can take up to 4 approved Course Units (CUs) at NTHU before pursuing a lighter load of 9 CUs in one year under one of three MITB tracks. Completion of these 15 CUs, 4 at NTHU and 9 at SMU, and satisfying the graduation requirements will result in the student being awarded the SMU-MITB degree.
For NTHU-EECS Graduates:
In recognition of the high standards of excellence and rigorous requirements in obtaining a NTHU-EECS bachelor’s degree, SMU has decided to waive certain admission requirements in order to provide NTHU-EECS graduates with a swifter and more seamless entry into the SMU MITB programme:
- a transcript of currently enrolled NTHU-EECS undergraduate degree with at least CGPA of 3.0 out of 4.0
- GMAT or GRE score or SMU Admissions Test
- TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants who have not received a Degree from a programme taught in English.
- The requirement for two years of working experience will be waived.
- Undergo a selection interview.
To graduate, students will need to fulfil all required CUs as stipulated by SMU's MITB programme and maintain a minimum CGPA of 2.5 every term to be awarded the SMU MITB degree.
Complete 9 CUs at SMU and 4 CUs at NTHU
- Tuition fee of S$48,150 (inclusive of GST)
- One-time application fee to SMU: S$100 (inclusive of GST)
- One-time registration fee to SMU: S$500 (inclusive of GST)
- SMU Admissions Test fee: S$125 (inclusive of GST)
- Scholarship of up to S$12,000 for students from NTHU-EECS who meet the eligibility criteria to transfer 4 CUs from NTHU to SMU
Enquiries & Application
For enquiries and application, contact SMU:
YEO Lip Pin
Associate Director, SCIS Postgraduate Professional Programmes
For enquiries and application, contact NTHU:
Address for Enquiries and Application：No. 101, Section 2, Kuang-Fu Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan 30013, R.O.C.
For Aug intake, application deadline is 1st Jan to 31st May.
For Jan intake, application is between 1st June to 31st Oct.
To apply, please click here
Last updated on 26 Apr 2021 .