The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) is collaborating with the School of Data Science and Engineering at East China Normal University (ECNU) to offer top students from ECNU the opportunity to obtain admission to SMU’s Master of IT in Business (MITB) programme via the ECNU-SMU MITB Direct Admission Programme.
ECNU graduates who are keen on pursuing an intensive MITB programme will study 15 Course Units (CUs) in one year under one of the three MITB tracks (Artificial Intelligence, Analytics or Financial Technology & Analytics). Completion of these 15 CUs at SMU with a combined minimum GPA of 2.5 will result in the student being awarded the SMU MITB degree.
For ECNU Graduates:
In recognition of the high standards of excellence and rigorous requirements in obtaining a ECNU bachelor’s degree, SMU has decided to waive certain admission requirements in order to provide ECNU graduates with a swifter and more seamless entry into the SMU MITB programme:
- GMAT/GRE or SMU Admissions Test. ECNU graduates (within 3 years of graduation upon application to the MITB intake) are eligible as well.
- TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants who have not received a Degree from a programme taught in English
- A transcript of currently enrolled ECNU undergraduate degree with GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent
- Requirement for 2 years of working experiences will be waived
- Undergo a selection interview.
To graduate, students will need to fulfil all required CUs as stipulated by SMU's MITB programme while maintaining a minimum CGPA of 2.5 every term to be awarded the SMU MITB degree.
- SGD48,150 (inclusive of GST) for completing 15 CUs at SMU
- One-time application fee to SMU: SGD100 (inclusive of GST)
- One-time registration fee to SMU: SGD500 (inclusive of GST)
- SMU Admissions Test fee: SGD125 (inclusive of GST)
- For the first enrolment of students, SMU will offer partial MITB tuition fee scholarship worth SGD4,000 to every successful candidate.
Enquiries & Application
For enquiries and application,
Contact details at SMU:
MITB University Partnerships & Special Projects Manager
Contact details at ECNU:
Professor, School of Data Science and Engineering
Telephone Number: +86-21-62232061 (Office)
Address: 3663 N. Zhongshan Rd., Shanghai 200062.
Last updated on 26 Apr 2021 .