The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) is collaborating with the School of Economics and Business Administration at Chongqing University (CQU) to offer top students from CQU the opportunity to obtain admission to SMU’s Master of IT in Business (MITB) programme via the CQU-SMU MITB Direct Admission Programme.
CQU graduates who are keen on pursuing an intensive MITB programme will study 15 Course Units (CUs) in one year under one of the three MITB tracks (Artificial Intelligence, Analytics or Financial Technology & Analytics). Completion of these 15 CUs at SMU with a combined minimum GPA of 2.5 will result in the student being awarded the SMU MITB degree.
For CQU Graduates:
In recognition of the high standards of excellence and rigorous requirements in obtaining a CQU bachelor’s degree, SMU has decided to waive certain admission requirements in order to provide CQU graduates with a swifter and more seamless entry into the SMU MITB programme:
- GMAT requirement will be waived. CQU graduates will be required to take the SMU Admissions Test.
- TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants who have not received a Degree from a programme taught in English.
- Undergo a selection interview.
To graduate, students will need to fulfil all required CUs as stipulated by SMU's MITB programme while maintaining a minimum CGPA of 2.5 every term to be awarded the SMU MITB degree.
- SGD48,150 (inclusive of GST) for completing 15 CUs at SMU
- One-time application fee to SMU: SGD100 (inclusive of GST)
- One-time registration fee to SMU: SGD500 (inclusive of GST)
- SMU Admissions Test fee: SGD125 (inclusive of GST)
- For the first enrolment of students, SMU will offer partial MITB tuition fee scholarship worth SGD4,000 to every successful candidate.
Enquiries & Application
For enquiries and application,
Contact details at SMU:
YEO Lip Pin
Associate Director, SCIS Postgraduate Professional Programmes
Contact details at CQU:
Address: International Cooperation and Exchange Office, School of Economics and Business Administration, Chongqing University. 174 Shazhengjie Street, Shapingba District, Chongqing.
Last updated on 26 Apr 2021 .