The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) at Singapore Management University and School of Computer and Information Technology at Beijing Jiaotong University (BJTU) have entered into an agreement for high-caliber BJTU undergraduates to enroll in the SMU Master of IT Business (MITB) programme after completing their first 3 years of undergraduate studies at BJTU, under the 3+1.5 years Fast-Track MITB programme.
BJTU undergraduate students who have completed the 3rd year of their undergraduate degree programme at BJTU may apply for conditional admission to the MITB Programme. During their 4th year of study, BJTU student joins the MITB programme in Singapore as a Fast-Track student. While in Singapore, the student completes the undergraduate degree thesis, supervised by the BJTU Professor and 15 Course Units (CUs) (maintaining a minimum of cGPA score of 2.5) course requirements of MITB. The suggested time frame for the completion of MITB requirements is 1.5 years, with a maximum candidature period of up to 3 years. Upon successful completion of the 3+1.5 years fast track MITB Programme, students will be conferred the Bachelor's degree from BJTU and MITB Degree from SMU.
- Successfully completed the first 3 years of BJTU undergraduate degree with outstanding academic results;
- A transcript of currently enrolled BJTU undergraduate degree with GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or equivalent
- GMAT/GRE score
- TOEFL/IELTS score
To graduate, students will need to fulfill all required CUs as stipulated by SMU's MITB programme while maintaining a minimum CGPA of 2.5 every term to be awarded the SMU MITB degree and BJTU’s Bachelor degree. Conferment of the SMU’s MITB degree is conditional on the successful conferment of the BJTU’s Bachelor's degree.
- SGD48,150 (inclusive of GST) for completing 15 CUs at SMU
- One-time application fee to SMU: SGD100 (inclusive of GST)
- One-time registration fee to SMU: SGD500 (inclusive of GST)
- For the first enrolment of students, SMU will offer partial MITB tuition fee scholarship worth SGD4,000 for every successful candidate.
Enquiries & Application
For enquiries and application,
Contact details at SMU:
YEO Lip Pin
Senior Assistant Director, SCIS Postgraduate Professional Programmes
Contact details at BJTU:
Telephone Number: 010-51684643
Last updated on 26 Apr 2021 .