Skip to content Skip to navigation


Immigration Matters & Accommodation

Q1 How do I apply for the student pass?

SMU will apply for the student pass for international students. We will send you the in-principle approval letter for your entry into Singapore when we receive it from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA).

Q2 Do I have to do medical examination in Singapore?

A medical examination is required for all student pass applicants. If you are a new applicant and not in Singapore, the medical examination can either be done in your home country or in Singapore by a qualified doctor. The doctor must record and certify the results of the medical examination in the designated medical report form. The medical report should not be issued more than 3 months from the student pass collection date.

Q3 I am an international student. Where can I find more information about living in Singapore?

For more information, please refer to this page for International Students.

Q4 Do I need to cancel my student pass when I graduate from the programme?

Yes. Students have to surrender their student pass for cancellation at the Student's Pass Unit, 4th floor, ICA Building, or at the checkpoints when departing Singapore. You may download a copy of the cancellation form from the ICA website

Q5 What if I want to stay in Singapore for some time before returning to my country?

When you cancel your student pass at ICA, you will be granted a short stay of up to 90 days in Singapore. If you would like to have a longer stay to look for jobs upon completion of the programme, you may wish to submit an application for one-year (non-renewable) long term visit pass (LTVP) at the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA)

Last updated on 16 Dec 2020 .