The Master of IT in Business (MITB) Programme welcomes applicants with the following qualifications:
- Applicants from all degrees are encouraged to apply, while degrees from Computing, Engineering, Mathematics and related technical fields are preferred.
- Digital Transformation Track
Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience either in a business function or technology role.
- Analytics Track/Artificial Intelligence Track/Financial Technology
& Analytics Track
Preferably 2 years of IT and/or operations related work experience in any industry; Analytical and Mathematically inclined.
- Artificial Intelligence Track
Coding artefacts completed by the applicant must be submitted together with the application.
A good GMAT/GRE score. SMU's GMAT Code: F8D-Z4-61, GRE Code: 2861
The following group of candidates may take the SMU Admission Test in place of GMAT/GRE:
- Bachelor's/Master's/PhD Degree graduates from the six local universities [SMU, SUTD, NUS, NTU, SUSS (including UniSIM), SIT)].
Click here for a detailed guide to access the practice tests for the SMU Admission Test.
In all cases, the MITB admissions team may still request candidates to take the GMAT/GRE test, even where an exemption applies.
The following groups of candidates are exempted from GMAT/GRE/SMU Admission Test:
- SMU Bachelor’s degree graduates with a minimum cGPA of 3.4/4.0 (within 5 years of graduation)
- SUTD/NUS/NTU/SUSS (including UniSIM)/SIT Bachelor’s degree graduates with a minimum cGPA of 3.6/5.0 (within 5 years of graduation)
However, meeting the cGPA academic input does not guarantee acceptance and candidates may still be asked to take the GMAT/GRE/SMU Admission Test.
- IELTS, UKVI (Academic) or TOEFL is required for applicants whose Degree
programme (Bachelor's/Master's/PhD) was not taught in English.
Minimum Requirements [IELTS/UKVI (Academic)/TOEFL]: IELTS/UKVI (Academic) - Min 6.5, or TOEFL - Min 90.
- Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and Foreigners are welcome to apply.
- International students who are not working in Singapore must pursue the programme in full-time mode. Our admissions office will assist full-time international students in the Student Visa application. However, do note that acceptance into the full-time programme does not guarantee successful application of Student Visa.
- Admission interviews will be conducted for short-listed candidates.
S$100 Non-Refundable (inclusive of GST)
S$500 (S$100 off for SC/SPR) (inclusive of GST)
S$48,150 over 1 year
(inclusive of GST)
S$48,150 over 2 years
(inclusive of GST)
Note: Prevailing GST will apply. Tuition fees (before GST) are locked in once the student enters the programme. The Singapore Management University reserves the right to alter tuition fees for new incoming cohorts when required.Learn More
1 January to 31 May
1 June to 31 October
Last updated on 24 Jun 2021 .