The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) has faculty term track faculty positions available. We are looking for candidates who have experience in one or more of following areas:
- Design and deliver undergraduate and master-level courses in data analytics and its applications, specifically in Natural Language Processing (NLP), data warehousing, multi-media, big data, and geospatial analytics.
- Apply data analytics to real world problems in public or private sectors e.g. hospitality, supply chain & logistics, healthcare, banking & financial services etc. Special focus areas include smart healthcare and health informatics.
- Design, implement and apply data analytic solutions using leading commercial off-the-shelf enterprise software packages and/or open source software.
- Familiar with state-of-the-art and emerging “next practice” trends in Data Analytics.
- Information Systems and Computer Science
- Design and deliver undergraduate- and master-level courses in Information Systems and/or Computer Science, specifically in Interaction Design and Prototyping, IT Solution Architecture, Software Engineering, Cloud Computing, Data Security and Privacy, IoT and Cyber-physical systems.
- Design, implement and manage IT solutions in industry using custom or packaged applications.
- Familiar with tools and technologies, architecture, methodologies and frameworks, business processes, hardware and platforms.
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor on Practice or Education Track:
- The position requires a PhD in a relevant discipline, e.g., Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, etc.
- Candidate must have demonstrated ability to conduct independent R&D (evidenced by scholarly outputs such as publication in good conferences and journals, and professional magazines).
- Education track appointment must be supported by a credible teaching track record in reputable institutions of higher learning (IHL), as well as strong technical skills.
- Candidate for practice track must have prior years of relevant industry and consulting experience.
- Candidate must have strong passion for learning and teaching while possessing outstanding communication and presentation skills, as well as ability and willingness to teach multiple courses.
Senior Lecturer or Lecturer:
- The position requires a Master degree in a relevant discipline.
- Candidate must have a strong teaching track record in reputable institutions of higher learning (IHL), as well as ability and willingness to teach multiple courses.
- Candidate must have a strong passion for learning and teaching, while possessing outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Prior years of relevant industry and consulting experience would be an added advantage.
We invite candidates to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching statement, research statement, contact details of three referees, and three samples of published work to:
Last updated on 15 Jan 2021 .