The School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS) at the Singapore Management University (SMU) has several positions for tenure track faculty, at all ranks, in the disciplines of Computer Science & Engineering, as well as Information Systems Management.
We strategically hire to build critical mass and innovative capability in our core research areas and integrative research domains. In particular, we are looking to significantly augment our faculty expertise in the following areas.
OUR CORE RESEARCH AREAS
Artificial Intelligence & Data Science
- Data Management & Analytics, including natural language processing; data mining; data visualisation and analytics; recommender systems; social sensing and activation.
- Intelligent Systems & Optimization, including large-scale optimisation and meta-heuristics; economic paradigms (game theory, mechanism design, electronic markets); agent modeling and simulation; agent planning, scheduling and decision support; agent learning and adaptation.
- Machine Learning & Intelligence, including machine intelligence; machine learning and adaptation; deep learning; explainable AI; cognitive/brain-inspired computing; intelligent assistants; intelligence augmentation; human-in-the-loop AI.
Human-Machine Collaborative Systems
- Sensing, Sense-Making & Activation, including sensing & sensor information processing; IoT and embedded systems; mobile and pervasive systems; context-aware & edge computing platforms.
- Human-Machine Interaction, including human-computer interaction; human-robot interaction; remote collaboration and wearable interfaces.
- Multimedia, including computer vision; multimedia search; augmented reality; virtual reality.
Information Systems & Technology
- Software Engineering & Systems, including software mining, testing & analysis; IoT and mobile OS; low-power OS; cloud computing; autonomous systems; multi-robot collaboration.
- Cybersecurity, including AI for security; applied cryptography; blockchain; cloud security, data security and privacy; software and system security; information security and usability; information security economics and risk analysis, modeling & metrics.
- Information Systems Management, including economics of IT and management science; empirical methods, econometrics, and policy analytics; sharing economy and IT platforms; digitalisation and process transformation; fintech; marketing and healthcare IT; information security, technology innovation and IT impacts; interdisciplinary studies across the core areas.
OUR INTEGRATIVE RESEARCH DOMAINS
- Urban Systems & Operations
- Active Citizenry & Communities
- Safety & Security
- Learning & Pedagogy
While we encourage and nurture applied research addressing real-world problems, we simultaneously cultivate and value big ideas, and research that is intellectually deep and thought provoking. Our faculty target their academic output primarily in the most-selective, academically prestigious venues. We want our faculty striving to create research outputs that advance thinking and scholarship in the core research areas, and also seeking real-world impact in the integrative research domains in “the world of business”.
We offer extremely attractive salary and benefits that are usually superior to international competitive benchmarks.
We are continuously on the lookout for outstanding faculty candidates at all levels:
- Fresh Ph.D. graduates
- Postdocs looking for a faculty position
- Ph.D. holders who are currently in industry but want to return to faculty and research work
- Mid-career or senior faculty
Tenure track faculty must have Ph.D. qualification in a relevant discipline (such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology and Information Systems) along with an outstanding research record. Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter (indicating which of the above Core Research Areas your research interest belongs to), curriculum vitae, research and teaching statements, three recommendation letters, and three samples of published work to:
Last updated on 15 Jan 2021 .